WHAT IS GIANT THINKERS?
Giant Thinkers – Founded by Ram Castillo, is a resource that provides practical advice for design students and graduates to be employed, established designers to reach their next level and creative entrepreneurs to navigate to their desired outcomes.
“If we hire people who are smaller than we are, we will become a company of dwarfs. If we hire people who are larger than we are, we’ll become a company of giants.” ~ David Ogilvy
WHO IS RAM CASTILLO?
Ram is an award-winning Design Director, Author, top-ranking Podcaster, International Speaker, CreativeLive Instructor and Approved Advisor based in Sydney. Specialising in digital spaces, human centred design, branding and creative strategy.
For 15+ years he’s been working for global agencies including Ogilvy & Mather, DDB, JWT and McCann Worldgroup on clients such as Audi, McDonald’s, Qantas, Coca-Cola, Telstra, Google and The Louis Vuitton Group.
His focus now is to give back to industries and communities that have given him avalanches in return and has been featured in Communication Arts, HOW magazine, Herman Miller, deFrost*, AIGA.org and Apple.
Since 2012, he’s been providing expert advice for emerging designers and creatives to be employed, and those that are established – to reach their next level, via GiantThinkers.com.
- 15+ years in the design industry as a practicing designer – LinkedIn profile here
- Utilising human centred design methodologies & creative strategy
- 2 x time Gold winner of the Australian Creativity & Effectiveness Award
- 2016 Finalist of the Young Australian of The Year Award
- Online design portfolio here.
- 250K+ GiantThinkers.com
- 65K+ followers on Instagram
- 20K+ collective following on other social media platforms
- Featured on Communication Arts, HOW mag and Design Quarterly mag
- Featured on the front page of News.com.au – Australia’s number one news website with 3+ million readers daily; article here
- Interviewed on podcasts including GE, CreativeLive, Freelance Transformation and Bondi Beach Radio
- Latest product video – click here.
- The Giant Thinkers Podcast currently has 150K+ active listeners
- Reached #3 ranking on iTunes for the design category in 5 countries
- Reviewed with a 5-star average on iTunes
- Includes interviews with:
- Kelly Slater – 11-time World Surfing Champion
- Kevin O’Leary – Shark Tank U.S. Investor
- Naomi Simson – Founder of RedBalloon
- Janine Allis – Founder of Boost Juice & Retail Zoo
- Prince Ea – Spoken Word Artist
- Jules Lund – Founder of Tribe
- Michael Bierut – Partner at Pentagram
- Kristina Karlsson – Founder of kikki.k
- Stephanie Rice – 3X Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer
- Ben Fullerton – Former Design Director of Nike+
- Kevin Lee – Global Head of Design of VISA
- Russell James – the main Photographer for Victoria’s Secret
- David Lee – Global Chief Creative Officer of Squarespace
- Nelson Kunkel – National Creative Director of Deloitte Digital
- Ashleigh Axios – Former Creative Director of The White House
- Steve Babcock – Former Chief Creative Officer of VaynerMedia
- Elle Luna – Artist, Author & Designer
- Debbie Millman – Designer and Host of Design Matters
- And Chase Jarvis – Founder of CreativeLive – to name a few.
- See full list of episodes here.
- 65+ live speaking events to date globally – in 4 years
- Including the Annual AIGA Conference (American Professional Association for Design) 3,000+ attendees – vlog video here + conference profile page here
- 2 x classes on CreativeLive – 10,000+ people tuned in live and 6,000+ students have purchased the classes – class one here and class two here
- Spoke at Apple in Sydney for a solo event on mentorship
- Spoke at Herman Miller on ‘Why cultural diversity produces the best creative solutions’
- Spoke at Creative Emergence Festival on ‘Don’t aim to make a million dollars, aim to help a million people’ – Highlight video here
- Delivered the 2015 graduation speech to 1200+ people at Think Education / Laureate University for Billy Blue and CATC design schools.
If you’d like to hire me for an event, email me directly to Ram@GiantThinkers.com or if you’d like to book me for a one-on-one Skype consultation, you can book directly to my calendar: GiantThinkers.com/BookMe.